1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
3 T apple cider
(you can also combine applesauce and powdered sugar to make the glaze, but I had cider to spare)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin pans. This recipe made 12 regular muffins and 12 mini-muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix by hand flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes for mini-muffins, 15-20 for regular muffins, and/or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- When the muffins have cooled for a bit, remove from the pan onto a cooling rack and spoon the glaze over the top. Allow the glaze to set before slicing.
Recipe adapted from this lovely site.