No, these aren’t Jiffy, they’re homemade, but I do have special affection for the little blue and white box.
I don’t have a photo of my corn muffins because I actually made them several weeks ago and froze them, and now they’re gone. Devoured.
The recipe comes from The Ultimate Muffin Book and I like it because it has buttermilk, sour cream AND butter. These are the way corn muffins should be. Giddyup.
1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 T sugar
2 1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 large eggs
1 c buttermilk (regular or low-fat)
2/3 c sour cream (anything but non-fat)
4 T (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease/line 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk eggs, then buttermilk, sour cream, and butter until smooth. Stir in the cornmeal mixture until incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 22 minutes, or until the muffins have bumpy rounded tops and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove muffins from pan and cool 5 minutes before, and serve. Or cool completely before freezing.