Muffins are usually easy to make—one of the reasons I love them—but this recipe is one of the easiest I’ve found. The ingredients are staples, and there’s a lot of round numbers… none of this “1 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons” business.
From the lovely Taste and Tell blog–please check it out!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup nuts, chopped coarsely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners. (Or if you have 5 people in your family like we do, 15 cups)
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the nuts, if desired.
- Fill prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.